Homo Digitalis participates in the Migration and Technology Monitor
It is a great pleasure for Homo Digitalis to participate in the Migration and Technology Monitor.
The Monitor, which aims to study the use of new technologies in border management internationally, has been created upon the initiative of the Promise Institute for Human Rights of UCLA.
The Monitor’s launching event took place online on Tuesday 10 November. The event speakers were:
– Professor Tendayi Achiume, United Nations Special Rapporteur on Racism, Xenophobia and Racial Discrimination,
– Antonella Napolitano, representing Privacy International,
– Konstantinos Kakavoulis, co-founder of Homo Digitalis,
– Kenya-Jade Pinto, photographer and video producer,
– Daniel Howden, Managing Director of Lighthouse Reports.
The event moderator was Petra Molnar from the Refugee Law Lab and Toronto University.
The Monitor has already initiated its activities and its results are expected with great interest in the near future.
The Monitor is initially funded by Open Society Foundations.